Remus Arthur Potter, you were named after two men who looked out for my safety and cared about my well-being out of altruism and decency rather than because I was a tool for them to use or because I was someone’s son.
Sep 18 2014
very strange how u can talk to someone everyday and still miss them
Okay but consider this, Newton Geiszler in skirts.
new aesthetic: cryptidcore
- kitschy t shirts and keychains from souvenir shops depicting the local urban legends and monsters
- glow in the dark stuff and generic alien themed stuff
- tin foil hats
- muffled x files, gravity falls, and twilight zone theme songs playing in the distance
- staring into the night sky and wondering if we’re alone
- lots of pictures of the woods and abandoned houses
it just hit me that the song of achilles is possibly patroclus telling thetis the “song of achilles” while waiting to be with achilles in the afterlife
like patroclus did always talk in past tense (ex. “i wish we had known this earlier…” etc) so it could be him retelling this and this and this.
if my professor skates over the fact that Sonnet 20 is literally Shakespeare saying “yo I’m super gay” I’m gonna be pissed
yeah I’m angry about bi erasure too.
As a straight woman I feel the same way about erasure of GLBT people. Not intending to be offensive or anything so apologies if this is offensive but how do we know that Shakespeare’s sonnets in general are autobiographical? AFAIK that sonnet was dedicated to a man, but the feelings in the text may not be Shakespeare the poet’s but those of a persona, which doesn’t disprove or prove that he wasn’t or was gay. But then again, people in general don’t know all that much about Shakespeare’s personal feelings so anything people say is guesswork
Why would Shakespeare have invented a gay poetry writing persona when m/m activity was literally punishable by death?
I’m gonna go off on some wild guesswork here, but it’s almost like we know he was married to a woman and they had three children, but he addressed 126 stunningly lovely sonnets to men. It’s almost like we know the rest of his poems were addressed to a lady. It’s almost like Shakespeare’s works lend themselves to queer readings because he was queer and enjoyed playing with and subverting traditional notions of gender/ courtly love/ poetry. This is pretty radical, but maybe writers write about things because they want to express their lived experiences and desires.
In conclusion, LOVE THAT BISEXUAL.
y’all motherfuckers needs bisexual shakespeare
Before you write another tragic lesbian love story with 2 cis white women consider this:
- a woman of color in the relationship
- a trans woman in the relationship
- a story that’s not tragic
- a story that doesn’t focus on coming out
- a story that is not sexualized
- a story involving dragons
- a bisexual woman in the relationship